Eldorado Gold Corp (NYSE:EGO)
November 30th, 2018
Eldorado Gold Corp neither rose nor fell during ‘s trading, but stayed put at $0.57. Despite ending the day higher, Eldorado Gold Corp hit a new 52 week low of $0.55. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -0.20.
EGO outperformed the rest of the Materials sector which went up 0.43% today.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (1.54%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (0.24%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector declining 10%.
Energy saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.37% trading down 0.24%.
- Utilities went up with a 1.54% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.08% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.06% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.04% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.00% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.85% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.69% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.66% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.43% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.43% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.24% change.
Eldorado Gold Corp Info
Eldorado Gold Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration, development, and mining of gold properties in Turkey, Greece, Brazil, Serbia, Canada, and Romania. The company holds 100% interests in the Kisladag and Efemcukuru gold mines in Turkey; Lamaque gold project in Canada; Perama Hill gold-silver project and Sapes in Greece; and Vila Nova iron ore mine and Tocantinzinho gold project in Brazil. It also holds 95% interests in Olympias gold mine, Stratoni silver-lead-zinc mine, and Skouries gold-copper project in Greece; and 80.5% interests in Certej gold-silver project in Romania. The company was formerly known as Eldorado Corporation Ltd. and changed its name to Eldorado Gold Corporation in April 1996. Eldorado Gold Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Eldorado Gold Corp’s score is -0.20) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.