Pyxis Tankers Inc (Nasdaq:PXS)
October 29th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Pyxis Tankers Inc went up $0.40 Monday, a 23.95% increase, closing at $2.07. Pyxis Tankers Inc bounced 48.48% between high and low. The stock continues to trade well at 180% of its 52 week low of $0.74. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 1,044% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. It’s expected that Pyxis Tankers Inc will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.19.
PXS outperformed the rest of the Industrials sector which went down 1.68% today.
Expectations from 2 analysts indicates that Pyxis Tankers Inc might rise significantly (50%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $3.27.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (1.56%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.88%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 6.11%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 16%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.13%, as it went up 1.35%. Energy and Information Technology saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.88%.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.56% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.35% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.07% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.86% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.18% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.28% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -1.53% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.61% change.
- Industrials went down with a -1.68% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -1.81% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.88% change.
Pyxis Tankers Inc Info
Pyxis Tankers Inc. operates as a maritime transportation company with a focus on the tanker sector in the United States. Its fleet transports refined petroleum products, such as naphtha, gasoline, jet fuel, kerosene, diesel, and fuel oil, as well as other liquid bulk items, including vegetable oils and organic chemicals. As of March 20, 2018, the company operated a fleet of six double hull product tankers. Pyxis Tankers Inc. was founded in 2015 and is based in Maroussi, Greece.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Pyxis Tankers Inc’s score is 0.19) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.